To help keep you and your family safe from pest threats this summer Town and Country pest Solutions is sharing the following prevention tips in conjunction with the National Pest Management Association:
- While mosquitoes are active all day long, activity peaks around dawn and dusk so avoid the outdoors at those times to reduce the likelihood of getting bitten.
- Be sure to properly apply an EPA-registered insect repellent with at least 20% DEET to deter biting pests.
- Wearing long pants, long-sleeved shirts and closed-toe shoes when outdoors, especially in wooded areas or tall grasses, can help prevent tick bites.
- Keep tree branches and other plants cut back from the house to deter pests.
- Avoid wearing cologne, perfumes or other sweet-smelling products, as these could attract stinging insects and mosquitoes.
- If you suspect an infestation of any kind on your property, be sure to contact us for assistance.