There are many ways that bed bugs can be introduced:
- Family, Friends and Visitors are the number one transplanters of bed bugs. If any of these people have bed bug problems at home, ask that they not visit until their bed bug issue has been professionally eradicated.
- Used furniture and bedding can host bed bugs.
- Public transportation will always be a concern, bed bugs can come out from under a seat and easily hitch a ride home.
- Other well known methods are on a wheel chair, in prosthetic legs, wallets, purses, magazines, latops, computer chairs and many other personal items.
- There is really no end to the many ways a bed bug can be transplanted. Just be alert.